Skip to main content

#10: Are we rational enough…?

After searching for a topic since long, last night when a message popped up on my cell screen, I decided to write on this.

The message was something like… “This is a very rare message coming directly from Tirupati. Send this to at least 25 people and you will be blessed and your wish will come true within 48 hours.” It didn’t end here. “Don’t ignore this. One person didn’t send it and he lost one of his family members.”

The pity is the sender was a friend of mine, an engineer (in real terms a techno-maniac) and a sensible person. I called him back and asked whether he believes in such nonsense. He replied NO but why to take chances. He was afraid of losing his family members. I didn’t raise any issue. Still I want a satisfying answer. Why it is so? Every day, while opening our inbox, we get these types of mails and in spite of knowing this nonsense, most of us forwards it. STOP DOING THIS BULLSHIT.

Being religious is not a matter of concern, but sending such mails in hope of some magic that will change your future won't solve the purpose. No one's gonna help you unless you do it yourself. Stop being helpless and stop sending such mails in the name of religion. Don't afraid of being a rationalist if required. If engineers, professionals, managers are doing this, think about the illiterate people around the country.

Most of us run back saying why to take chances, why not? I just can’t believe the perception that a mail can construct or destruct your life. Just by not forwarding a message, how can you lose your dear ones? Utter nonsense. But the pathetic fact is WE ARE STILL DOING IT.

Please don’t increase the e-waste in the name of spirituality. A humble request to awaken the strength within which knows the truth but not accepting it. – DJ.

Comments

  1. Yeah its true . . . M also waiting to read this type of articles . . . Bt i think its nt enough u still write more and technicaly proove that its wronge. . . Want more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will for sure Manan. It's just that i thought if it's too long readers will avoid to read it. Still got ur point. Promise to elaborate in future. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#11: I M D I – Revealed behind the camera…

Under the label of I never criticize..., I’m going to criticize my own film I Might Did It (IMDI here after in the article.) today. A brave attempt it can be said to identify the slack side of own. I won’t say it criticism but actually a kind of confession of what went wrong while the making of the film. At the beginning of pre-productions, IMDI seemed to become a real blockbuster due to its blood-chilling, gripping screenplay, the music was already admired by the listeners and frankly a team, after successful two hits of Midnight Madness and Kuchh Manziley Aisy, was confidently looking forward for its hat trick. But… Difficulties started raining two days prior to shooting schedule when Mansi (Played Ishitaa in Kuchh Manziley Aisy), casted for role of Preeti Sengupta in the film, informed that she won’t be able to attend the shoot at the state when we were already missing Hardik. The screenplay, with no other chances left, was modified on the last night before the shoot started. I

#16: On the Edge...!

A tough decision, I've taken to write this but... This is where I am right now... On the Edge...! It took 12 years and 4 months to begin the first step towards the destination of my life. In march-1998, my eyes saw a dream, a dream to become a Film Director, a dream of receiving Filmfair award and in reply to that a thanksgiving speech. (that i still murmur all the time, off course with some changes always.) A 13 year old boy had seen the future. Time went on and I started realizing that it's not easy to get in the industry. What to do now to get in? What if I give all the things for what a producer needs to hire many persons. I started composing songs. Stories were my companion since long and I believed (others too..!) that I can dance really well. So I had now story, screenplays and songs written as well as composed, and I can serve as choreographer, cinematographer and as an editor too. My confidence started boosting. I kept doing my work with my studies for next ten years

#23: The Making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy...

As I had promised earlier in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., here comes The making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy... KMA here after, which is, logically third but our first film that was made especially for a film festival. As in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., I’ve already discussed many of the issues, we’ll move directly towards the shoot in this. The story of KMA, unlike I Might Did It, was much focused on two characters Erick and Ishita only and therefore, had freshness in spite of a heavy, serious and motivational subject for students. The only aim was to maintain that freshness on screen also and that’s why we had selected Mr. and Miss College for the main lead. On the very first day, we had opted to shoot the broke up scene of Erick and Ishita at the parking area of our Engineering College, and the peon roaming nearby had started troubling us. He came, he saw and he conquered. Not precisely like that, but he asked us to meet the principal once. And being the D