Skip to main content

#24: Case 7492_Elvira's Premonition of Death. Part I

“Weekends are as refreshing as white sand beaches here.” Henry said while gearing car to the top gear. Traffic was not much on highway because of late night. They were driving back from Rostock to Munich.

“We never have weekends Henry.” Derick replied with his heavy voice. “Some jobs aren’t time lined and we should respect that thing. Doctors, Fire fighters, Police all are sort of…” By the time his cell rang.

“Mr. Jefferson…” A girl was there another side.

“Elvira…” Derick identified her voice vacillating. “You seem tensed.”

“I just had a premonition Mr. Jefferson.” She said reluctantly. “I had seen my death.”

“What…?” Derick couldn’t believed his ears. “Elvira…”

“I know it’s difficult to hear what I’m saying.” She said. “But someone gonna kill me tonight. I had seen my death in front of my eyes, my last premonition ever…”

“Don’t panic Elvira.” Derick said. “We have just left from Rostock so will be there tomorrow morning but I’m calling Alfred. He’ll be there in moments. Nothing to worry…”

“Mr. Jefferson...” She replied. “We can see the future but can’t change it. Whatever is going to happen will happen for sure. Just promise me that you won’t let my assassin run away.”

“Elvira, don’t talk rubbish. Nothing is going to happen to you.” Derick accelerated while saying it. “Are you there? Elvira… Damn.” Call had been disconnected.

“Speed up Henry.” Derick said while dialing to Alfred. “Elvira is never wrong in her Premonitions but I just wish today’s she is mistaken.”


“We are late.” Derick murmured while entering inside Elvira’s dwelling. It was the morning of next day. Alfred, along with other cops, was busy in tracking the traces. “Bloody weekends, I just wish we haven’t been to Rostock.” Derick left a sigh.

“Uncle…” Emily, Elvira’s younger sister, rushed to Derick with wet eyes.

Derick couldn’t say anything to her. After death of his friend Varner, these both angels are more like his own daughters. He too sensed his eyelashes wet.

“I had reached within minutes to call of Mr. Jefferson but…” Alfred came forward to Henry.

In the bedroom, Elvira’s dead body laid on the bed. Her flawless face, at the age of 27, was still shining and insightful.

“It’s bedroom of Emily…” Henry said. “Isn’t it?”

“Yes.” Alfred replied shortly.

“Emily…” Derick said while wiping out her tears. “Tell me what had happened? It’s for her justice. You ought to be strong being a law practitioner, for the sake of law, for your sis Elvira...”

“Late night…” Emily took a sob and said. “Sis came in my room and asked for sedative. I wonder I couldn’t found it in home so went to the 24x7 medical shop of Bayerstrabe and returned within half an hour. She said she’ll be waiting for me here but when I returned...” Her eyes started raining again. “She had left this letter for me under the same sedative strip on my desk. She had intentionally asked me to left home.” She gave the letter to Derick.

Derick unfold it.

“Emily,
I know you would be crying while reading this. Trust me I had no other option but to cheat you. Death is unavoidable but mistakes are. There are times when you have to pay for your mistakes, sometimes for others. Please take good care of yours as I won’t be with you over again. Love…
                                                                                                   -       Elvira.”

“Mr. Jefferson…” Alfred came along with Henry. “If you need statements…”

“Not needed…” Derick said. “We don’t have a clue this time. Elvira neither had such property nor did she have any enemy too. Why someone would kill her? Some questions are beyond premonition but I have promised her that I won’t let her murderer run away.” His words got the anger and pain. “And I promise… I’ll keep my promise.”

                                                                                                        To Be Continued…

                                                                                                        Go to Part II 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11: I M D I – Revealed behind the camera…

Under the label of I never criticize..., I’m going to criticize my own film I Might Did It (IMDI here after in the article.) today. A brave attempt it can be said to identify the slack side of own. I won’t say it criticism but actually a kind of confession of what went wrong while the making of the film. At the beginning of pre-productions, IMDI seemed to become a real blockbuster due to its blood-chilling, gripping screenplay, the music was already admired by the listeners and frankly a team, after successful two hits of Midnight Madness and Kuchh Manziley Aisy, was confidently looking forward for its hat trick. But… Difficulties started raining two days prior to shooting schedule when Mansi (Played Ishitaa in Kuchh Manziley Aisy), casted for role of Preeti Sengupta in the film, informed that she won’t be able to attend the shoot at the state when we were already missing Hardik. The screenplay, with no other chances left, was modified on the last night before the shoot started. I

#16: On the Edge...!

A tough decision, I've taken to write this but... This is where I am right now... On the Edge...! It took 12 years and 4 months to begin the first step towards the destination of my life. In march-1998, my eyes saw a dream, a dream to become a Film Director, a dream of receiving Filmfair award and in reply to that a thanksgiving speech. (that i still murmur all the time, off course with some changes always.) A 13 year old boy had seen the future. Time went on and I started realizing that it's not easy to get in the industry. What to do now to get in? What if I give all the things for what a producer needs to hire many persons. I started composing songs. Stories were my companion since long and I believed (others too..!) that I can dance really well. So I had now story, screenplays and songs written as well as composed, and I can serve as choreographer, cinematographer and as an editor too. My confidence started boosting. I kept doing my work with my studies for next ten years

#23: The Making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy...

As I had promised earlier in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., here comes The making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy... KMA here after, which is, logically third but our first film that was made especially for a film festival. As in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., I’ve already discussed many of the issues, we’ll move directly towards the shoot in this. The story of KMA, unlike I Might Did It, was much focused on two characters Erick and Ishita only and therefore, had freshness in spite of a heavy, serious and motivational subject for students. The only aim was to maintain that freshness on screen also and that’s why we had selected Mr. and Miss College for the main lead. On the very first day, we had opted to shoot the broke up scene of Erick and Ishita at the parking area of our Engineering College, and the peon roaming nearby had started troubling us. He came, he saw and he conquered. Not precisely like that, but he asked us to meet the principal once. And being the D