Skip to main content

#35: Face off_M S Dhoni


Disclaimer: The post is totally fictitious and resembles no real interview.


Hello, aadaab, lei ho, aloha, ciao, vanakkam, salaam Namaste. This is your favourite host Shashvat Saxena back again with yours all time favourite show…  Face 2 face with Shashvat Saxena.

Interlude drum…

As always I’ll begin the show with a question that I’ll answer at the end. And that question is… Which format of cricket is an edible item? Think about it and let me call the guest of honour today. He’s the heart of nation, the coolest man and not the most eligible bachelor now. Please welcome the captain of Indian Cricket Team Mr. Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

Interlude Trumpet, with clapping.

SS: Hello sir. It’s nice to have you here. (Than in stadium especially looking at your batting nowadays)
Dhoni: Thank you Shashvat. (Even I feel safer here…) 

SS: You must have been reached here via Helicopter.
Dhoni (Amazed): How you come to know that?

SS: How else you could be? We haven’t seen your helicopter shot since long. So thought you must be using it for transportation.
Dhoni: Good criticizing joke but see it’s like you can’t always score 100…

SS: (pehle 10 to bana le…) Anyways Nice journey by far in World cup. Is there any particular strategy to which you always followed?
Dhoni: Not actually. I guess batsmen did his job with bat and bowlers bowled well.

SS: (Shouldn’t be there a rule for Wicket keeper too…) Next is Mohali, the most trending topic on Twitter now days. Are your boys prepared for it?
Dhoni: Oh yes, they are doing net practice. (to learn the brand new Sledging words on net…)

SS: Would also like to ask the most asked question on Facebook? Who will win at Mohali? India or Pakistan?
Dhoni: (Better you would have asked who will stay alive after match…) Well, both the teams have got some advantages and some disadvantages. May the best team win, and for me, I guess team India is the best team in the world.

SS: Munaf Patel. Why don’t you replace him with Sreesanth?
Dhoni: (Coz I’ve got Harbhajan…) I believe in Munaf. He’s struggling little bit. But I’m sure; he’ll get his line and length before Mohali. He needs time.

SS: (So as you…) In your 5th ODI against Pakistan in 2005 you scored 148 at Vishakapatnam, India and in your 5th Test against Pakistan in 2006 you scored 148 at Faisalabad, Pakistan. Anything that links both stats?
Dhoni: (1,48,000 for fixing…Tab to jyada milta bhi nahi tha…!) I guess coincidence…

SS: Sir, You’ve tied up with Rhiti Sports Management and Mindscapes and are promised a minimum guarantee of Rs 210 crore over the next three years. What are your plans of spending it…?
Dhoni: First I’ve to ask Sakshi what amount she’s going to give me…

SS: Cool. Well my last question is Motera to Mohali to Mumbai. Is there any “M” Factor for “M” S Dhoni… or this is why people find you the luckiest captain?
Dhoni: I think when you show your commitment, destiny does repay you. Thanks for wishes on Mumbai. Winning at Mohali does matter much more to Mumbai.

SS: Thanks a lot sir. It was a nice inning with you. Best wishes for World cup from unit and viewers of Face 2 face with Shashwat Saxena. May our dream come true this year.

Interlude saxophones with applaud.

So, Ladies and mentalmen, I mean Gentlemen, here ends today’s episode of Face 2 face with Shashvat Saxena and before you switch the channel, answer to the question that I had asked in the beginning is… ODI format… Didn’t get it? Just like 20-20, It’s 50-50… Signing off now. Do wait for me and some new guests on your favourite show Face 2 face with Shashvat Saxena broadcasting on Channel Random Strokes… Till then See you, Sayonara, Hasta la vista, Rub rakha, khuda hafiz, aavjo vhalaa fari malishu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11: I M D I – Revealed behind the camera…

Under the label of I never criticize..., I’m going to criticize my own film I Might Did It (IMDI here after in the article.) today. A brave attempt it can be said to identify the slack side of own. I won’t say it criticism but actually a kind of confession of what went wrong while the making of the film. At the beginning of pre-productions, IMDI seemed to become a real blockbuster due to its blood-chilling, gripping screenplay, the music was already admired by the listeners and frankly a team, after successful two hits of Midnight Madness and Kuchh Manziley Aisy, was confidently looking forward for its hat trick. But… Difficulties started raining two days prior to shooting schedule when Mansi (Played Ishitaa in Kuchh Manziley Aisy), casted for role of Preeti Sengupta in the film, informed that she won’t be able to attend the shoot at the state when we were already missing Hardik. The screenplay, with no other chances left, was modified on the last night before the shoot started. I

#16: On the Edge...!

A tough decision, I've taken to write this but... This is where I am right now... On the Edge...! It took 12 years and 4 months to begin the first step towards the destination of my life. In march-1998, my eyes saw a dream, a dream to become a Film Director, a dream of receiving Filmfair award and in reply to that a thanksgiving speech. (that i still murmur all the time, off course with some changes always.) A 13 year old boy had seen the future. Time went on and I started realizing that it's not easy to get in the industry. What to do now to get in? What if I give all the things for what a producer needs to hire many persons. I started composing songs. Stories were my companion since long and I believed (others too..!) that I can dance really well. So I had now story, screenplays and songs written as well as composed, and I can serve as choreographer, cinematographer and as an editor too. My confidence started boosting. I kept doing my work with my studies for next ten years

#23: The Making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy...

As I had promised earlier in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., here comes The making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy... KMA here after, which is, logically third but our first film that was made especially for a film festival. As in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., I’ve already discussed many of the issues, we’ll move directly towards the shoot in this. The story of KMA, unlike I Might Did It, was much focused on two characters Erick and Ishita only and therefore, had freshness in spite of a heavy, serious and motivational subject for students. The only aim was to maintain that freshness on screen also and that’s why we had selected Mr. and Miss College for the main lead. On the very first day, we had opted to shoot the broke up scene of Erick and Ishita at the parking area of our Engineering College, and the peon roaming nearby had started troubling us. He came, he saw and he conquered. Not precisely like that, but he asked us to meet the principal once. And being the D