Skip to main content

#51: Why Government wants to know my Religion?

Date: 13/01/2017
Time: Just before the lunch
Place: A bank in Ahmedabad

All the employees are busy doing their work (Whoever had some). A person enters in bank. He has come to make a fixed deposit of a small amount for a term and asks for the same. He is been given a 9 pages long form to make an FD from an account from the same branch. He goes ahead with the process and starts filling it. After writing some same data for 4-5 times, there comes another page asking for personal information which are other than the formal and needed ones. It begins with Religion, then category for caste... Then Education... I don't know whether these details like religion, caste or education make any difference for making a term based fixed deposit. But the form doesn't end here. The next details to be given were assets I own like Housing plot, commercial property, agriculture land, car, two wheeler, Ac, LED Tv, Washing machine, refrigerator, microwave (I mean really Microwave?!), Computer, laptop... (And I wonder, Mobile phone wasn't in the list. I mean, they are as or even more costlier than laptops.) And so on... Next lines were for my Net worth..., sum of LICs, Medical/Health insurance etc...

He left some details blank including Religion and Caste. Because he thought it was irrelevant. Off course, the person on chair has to follow the order. She asked him to tick one. He denied and she said You have to tick any one because I have to fill it in server or else it won't accept and Fixed deposit can't be made. He said ok and didn't make the fixed deposit. He returned from bank.

I have no clue what is wrong with the system. Why government wants to know which Religion I belong to. And what if I don't believe in any. Does my caste really matter for making a transaction? Why there are columns for religion and caste in application form of opening a new bank account? Are the interest rates different for people from different religions or caste...? Off course the basic details are required like address and other proofs of identity but these columns are the ones which are dividing the nation. And it begins right from the school. Why school leaving certificate has to mention what religion or caste one is from? Political use of religion and caste has ruined nation since ages. And it's not changing even now when we are stepping ahead for cashless transactions. Alas. Let us wait for that India when one won't be needing to answer his/her religion before filling up a form which has nothing to do with such thing. Love - DJ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11: I M D I – Revealed behind the camera…

Under the label of I never criticize..., I’m going to criticize my own film I Might Did It (IMDI here after in the article.) today. A brave attempt it can be said to identify the slack side of own. I won’t say it criticism but actually a kind of confession of what went wrong while the making of the film. At the beginning of pre-productions, IMDI seemed to become a real blockbuster due to its blood-chilling, gripping screenplay, the music was already admired by the listeners and frankly a team, after successful two hits of Midnight Madness and Kuchh Manziley Aisy, was confidently looking forward for its hat trick. But… Difficulties started raining two days prior to shooting schedule when Mansi (Played Ishitaa in Kuchh Manziley Aisy), casted for role of Preeti Sengupta in the film, informed that she won’t be able to attend the shoot at the state when we were already missing Hardik. The screenplay, with no other chances left, was modified on the last night before the shoot started. I

#16: On the Edge...!

A tough decision, I've taken to write this but... This is where I am right now... On the Edge...! It took 12 years and 4 months to begin the first step towards the destination of my life. In march-1998, my eyes saw a dream, a dream to become a Film Director, a dream of receiving Filmfair award and in reply to that a thanksgiving speech. (that i still murmur all the time, off course with some changes always.) A 13 year old boy had seen the future. Time went on and I started realizing that it's not easy to get in the industry. What to do now to get in? What if I give all the things for what a producer needs to hire many persons. I started composing songs. Stories were my companion since long and I believed (others too..!) that I can dance really well. So I had now story, screenplays and songs written as well as composed, and I can serve as choreographer, cinematographer and as an editor too. My confidence started boosting. I kept doing my work with my studies for next ten years

#18: Case 9571_Mr. Johnson’s murder

It was raining heavily outside. Night was at its darkest. Sound of raindrops was echoing throughout the ambience except at house no 48, Schellingstraβe, Munich. “I don’t understand this at all.” Alfred murmured. “This dead body’s hands are burned, car seems scrap and god only knows why I became a cop?” “Never hate your job.” Henry said while entering inside the garage. “And don’t worry. We are here now.” “Thank god you are here.” Alfred said. “Where’s Mr. Jefferson?” “If his assistant is here, so is he too.” Henry replied. “He is having a talk with family members inside home.” “Let’s get in then.” Alfred said. They entered inside the home which was much like a palace while putting off their shoes outside as much mud was glued to them. A quite spotless hall looked sad. Kitchen was a bit chaotic. A lady was crying loudly on the couch besides a calm young boy with soiled legs. A maid was standing in a corner. And a man with a hat on his head and a pipe in his hand was sitti