Skip to main content

#21: Blank Pages



You can perhaps rewrite your destiny… but never on paper. (Unless you are using a pencil, but no one likes to write his/her destiny with pencil. All opt for darkest marker to make sure that their written can’t be erased.) So, when there’s something already written on your page, either you have to strikethrough it (Check-chak in Gujarati) which will waste and make your current and future writing both unreadable or just you have to go for… Blank Pages…!

Hope you have got the point of order, coz I hate elaborate the matters that should have been sensed. Still with no other option (the truth is I have to make the article long enough for consideration) I am going ahead with the stated idea, coz you never know when An Idea may change your life.

Life always runs in a single direction. There’s nothing like coming back. When you travel to point B from A, you never return to point A. You just actually travel once again from point B to A. In the above manner, after performing an act of writing, you go for another act of rubbing or erasing. You can’t unwrite it. (Unwrite is technically a wrong word but logically the only option.) You may get a plain page again after erasing but never a blank page. There’s nothing like ctrl +z in real life. Nothing can be undone. You may do another act to settle the account but can’t undo the first one… I wish you are getting the matter.

Childhood begins with these blank pages. You keep on writing everything you see, you learn, you absorb. (Which is the base of our next movie Maanas. But I shouldn’t use my articles for promoting my movies, so will talk about it in category D’s.) That time (in childhood) we write all the data unconsciously and while aging, we start calling it experience and maturity and many other heavy words. This is how your mind develops by time with so much of data written in so many pages. There are off course, some pages that you would never like to remind. But you can’t do anything with it. Forget the bad memory, the worst incidents of your life. Take some brand new blank pages and start writing it all again.

Raindrops affect the pots of dry land and not puddles; same is with your thoughts. When there’s no hope, no light coming from anywhere and you are not aware what to do; simply blank your mind, start it with beginning. Don’t give a damn to troubles around. Keep writing always. Just don’t forget to use… Blank Pages. – DJ.

Comments

  1. Just a mirror image of life that is beautifully elaborated. Liked it, like always. Keep Striking and surprising randomly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear dj.....
    તમે અને મેહુલ શું કામ જીન્દગી ( લાઈફ ) ની પાછળ પડી ગયા છો.
    શું એને તમારું કઈ બગડ્યું છે ??
    પણ આર્ટીકલ ગમ્યું... કોરા પાના ...કોન્સેપ્ટ પણ ગમ્યો ...
    અને તમે તો દર વખતે સારું જ લાખો છો ...એટલે એમાં તો હવે તમને શું કમેન્ટ આપવી એ પણ કન્ફ્યુંસન છે.
    બીજું તો શું કહું હું...
    લખતા રહો ...in English keep writing...!!
    love n regards..
    Darsh...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading and commenting on a blank page...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Learning never ends" its nt my slogan. Rel fope diary said that. U r right frm childhood to the end we hv learn so many think (blank pages). In school time in exam also if we realise thats wrong whtevr we write we erase (chek chak) n write again.
    But in real life every time we may nt given chance to corect our mistakes.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#11: I M D I – Revealed behind the camera…

Under the label of I never criticize..., I’m going to criticize my own film I Might Did It (IMDI here after in the article.) today. A brave attempt it can be said to identify the slack side of own. I won’t say it criticism but actually a kind of confession of what went wrong while the making of the film. At the beginning of pre-productions, IMDI seemed to become a real blockbuster due to its blood-chilling, gripping screenplay, the music was already admired by the listeners and frankly a team, after successful two hits of Midnight Madness and Kuchh Manziley Aisy, was confidently looking forward for its hat trick. But… Difficulties started raining two days prior to shooting schedule when Mansi (Played Ishitaa in Kuchh Manziley Aisy), casted for role of Preeti Sengupta in the film, informed that she won’t be able to attend the shoot at the state when we were already missing Hardik. The screenplay, with no other chances left, was modified on the last night before the shoot started. I

#16: On the Edge...!

A tough decision, I've taken to write this but... This is where I am right now... On the Edge...! It took 12 years and 4 months to begin the first step towards the destination of my life. In march-1998, my eyes saw a dream, a dream to become a Film Director, a dream of receiving Filmfair award and in reply to that a thanksgiving speech. (that i still murmur all the time, off course with some changes always.) A 13 year old boy had seen the future. Time went on and I started realizing that it's not easy to get in the industry. What to do now to get in? What if I give all the things for what a producer needs to hire many persons. I started composing songs. Stories were my companion since long and I believed (others too..!) that I can dance really well. So I had now story, screenplays and songs written as well as composed, and I can serve as choreographer, cinematographer and as an editor too. My confidence started boosting. I kept doing my work with my studies for next ten years

#23: The Making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy...

As I had promised earlier in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., here comes The making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy... KMA here after, which is, logically third but our first film that was made especially for a film festival. As in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., I’ve already discussed many of the issues, we’ll move directly towards the shoot in this. The story of KMA, unlike I Might Did It, was much focused on two characters Erick and Ishita only and therefore, had freshness in spite of a heavy, serious and motivational subject for students. The only aim was to maintain that freshness on screen also and that’s why we had selected Mr. and Miss College for the main lead. On the very first day, we had opted to shoot the broke up scene of Erick and Ishita at the parking area of our Engineering College, and the peon roaming nearby had started troubling us. He came, he saw and he conquered. Not precisely like that, but he asked us to meet the principal once. And being the D