Skip to main content

#39: Case 8973_ Alibaug Double Murder Part I


Flight 764 Munich to Mumbai just landed on the Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport, Mumbai. It was early morning 03:45 hrs.

“So, how was your flight?” Diwakar asked while positioning on the driver seat. He was looking good though in nightwear.

“Pretty much like a flight…” Henry replied from back seat. He seemed a bit tired.

“Relax Henry.” Derick said. “It was good Diwakar.”

“I just don’t believe this Mr. Jefferson.” Diwakar was exited. “Since I’ve said to my family that you and Henry are coming to India for Jahnvi’s wedding, they all have gone mad. The world famous Derick Jefferson is attending his past student’s sister’s wedding. What else one would needed? Thanks a lot for coming sir.”

“Don’t be Diwakar.” Derick replied. “The way you had insisted, I guess, it was difficult to deny. And it always feels great being to India and that too with a reason for celebration. I was needed to come for sure.” He smiled. “How your journalism is going on?”

“Pretty good sir.” Diwakar said. “Research is on. These days Mafias are rising back in Mumbai.”

“Investigative journalism is always dangerous.” Henry said. “I meant, for a family man.”

“Well, everyone is a family man.” Derick replied. “It’s a matter of their acceptability of the situations. By the way, how far are we from the destination?”

“140 KM. We’re heading to Alibaug. Approx one and half hour…” Diwakar said. “We thought our farmhouse there, will be a better option for wedding occasion as relatives gonna overflow. By the way, you and Henry are the first guest of the home Mr. Jefferson. We’ll be home by first ray of sun.” He accelerated the car when his mobile beeped for a message.

“It’s Jahnavi.” Diwakar said. “Bring some sedative for me, suffering from headache.” He read the SMS. “I guess we’ll need to go through a 24x7 medical shop.” He added.

“Not needed.” Derick said. “Henry has it. He always carries bunch of medicines while travelling.”

“That’s good.” Diwakar smiled back.

Within half an hour mobile rang again. Screen showed “Jahnavi calling…” Diwakar put it in loudspeaker mode as he was driving.

“Help…” Jahnavi was screaming on the other side. “He’s gonna kill me…”

“Jahnavi…” Diwakar got hyper. “What happened Jahnavi?”

She kept screaming for another few seconds and call got disconnected. Diwakar dialed her number back but it replied switched off.

“We are one hour far yet…” Derick watched the time. “If she’s in trouble, you better call anyone at home.”

“There’s no one else my grandma.” Diwakar was perspiring.

“Neighbours…?” Derick asked.

“We’ve just one neighbor…” Diwakar dialed another number. “Vikram, Where are you?” He asked.

“I’m on highway.” The other person replied. “Jahnavi had come asking for medicine. She was having headache. So I was on my way to get it. But car got the trouble.”

“I can see you.” Diwakar, while accelerating the car at full, applied a sudden break.

“Get in our car Vikram?” Diwakar asked a man on the other side of the road with open hood of his car.

“I guess, Carburetor problem.” Vikram replied. He was in casual wear with a leather jacket and sports shoes as night was chilling.

“Get in quickly.” Diwakar said. “I got her call few moments ago. She was screaming for help.” His words got heavier with loads of tension. “Something is seriously wrong.”

Vikram entered in and positioned besides Henry. Henry took his sand adhered bag apart to ease Vikram.

“It can be a prank.” Vikram said. “You know her. Don’t anticipate anything wrong.”

“I wish.” Diwakar said and geared up.

It was twenty minutes to six when their car entered in the compound of Advait, Diwakar’s bungalow.

Diwakar and Vikram came out of the car and rushed in.

Derick and Henry entered in the hall after him. Two dead bodies were lying in the hall.

“Jahnvi… Grandma…” Diwakar broke into the tears. His sister and Grandmother were been killed.

                                                                                                      
                                                                                                 To Be Continued... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#11: I M D I – Revealed behind the camera…

Under the label of I never criticize..., I’m going to criticize my own film I Might Did It (IMDI here after in the article.) today. A brave attempt it can be said to identify the slack side of own. I won’t say it criticism but actually a kind of confession of what went wrong while the making of the film. At the beginning of pre-productions, IMDI seemed to become a real blockbuster due to its blood-chilling, gripping screenplay, the music was already admired by the listeners and frankly a team, after successful two hits of Midnight Madness and Kuchh Manziley Aisy, was confidently looking forward for its hat trick. But… Difficulties started raining two days prior to shooting schedule when Mansi (Played Ishitaa in Kuchh Manziley Aisy), casted for role of Preeti Sengupta in the film, informed that she won’t be able to attend the shoot at the state when we were already missing Hardik. The screenplay, with no other chances left, was modified on the last night before the shoot started. I

#16: On the Edge...!

A tough decision, I've taken to write this but... This is where I am right now... On the Edge...! It took 12 years and 4 months to begin the first step towards the destination of my life. In march-1998, my eyes saw a dream, a dream to become a Film Director, a dream of receiving Filmfair award and in reply to that a thanksgiving speech. (that i still murmur all the time, off course with some changes always.) A 13 year old boy had seen the future. Time went on and I started realizing that it's not easy to get in the industry. What to do now to get in? What if I give all the things for what a producer needs to hire many persons. I started composing songs. Stories were my companion since long and I believed (others too..!) that I can dance really well. So I had now story, screenplays and songs written as well as composed, and I can serve as choreographer, cinematographer and as an editor too. My confidence started boosting. I kept doing my work with my studies for next ten years

#23: The Making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy...

As I had promised earlier in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., here comes The making of Kuchh Manziley Aisy... KMA here after, which is, logically third but our first film that was made especially for a film festival. As in post #15: KMA - Can never be criticized..., I’ve already discussed many of the issues, we’ll move directly towards the shoot in this. The story of KMA, unlike I Might Did It, was much focused on two characters Erick and Ishita only and therefore, had freshness in spite of a heavy, serious and motivational subject for students. The only aim was to maintain that freshness on screen also and that’s why we had selected Mr. and Miss College for the main lead. On the very first day, we had opted to shoot the broke up scene of Erick and Ishita at the parking area of our Engineering College, and the peon roaming nearby had started troubling us. He came, he saw and he conquered. Not precisely like that, but he asked us to meet the principal once. And being the D